...wherein a girl packs up her dissertation and moves to the Pacific Northwest to learn what it means to build a life as a someone's partner, finish a dissertation, and make a life and home in Seattle, WA .

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

More Writing

Just as I believe that lists should be in my own handwriting, so too do I believe that letters should be.  And I am someone who writes letters.  Thankfully, I have a few people in my life who also still enjoy sitting down with pen and paper, envelope and stamp.  Without them I there would be no back and forth.  I would simply be sending mail out into the void.





Letters and cards fall into that tricky category of things I accumulate -- like old copies of the New Yorker.  I can't quite seem to bear to recycle them, but are these things I should hold on to forever and ever?  When I last moved, I culled through years and years of letters and cards saving only those that meant the most to me.  Still, it does not take much time for me to accumulate more and getting rid of them is so very painful. I feel like I am betraying a dear friend in some manner. I guess I don't much consider what happens to the letters and cards I send.

No comments:

Post a Comment